Welcome to the SRP Forum! Please refer to the SRP Forum FAQ post if you have any questions regarding how the forum works.

New Version

Hi

I understand from the Rev Conference that a new report table version supports totalling and other things.
Please could you advise if this is currently available.

Colin

Comments

• There is indeed a new feature of the Report Table that will support aggregates such as Sum, Average, Minimum, and Maximum. However, it is not in the current release. It will be in the next one. If you want to get a head start, I can email you a pre-release build so long as you understand that it is a beta build not meant for production environments.
  • Kevin, Any idea when the new release might be.
    I would like to make use of this facility soon.
  • Kevin,

That sounds promising. Are those features intended for displaying results in the footer and/or are they expected to work with grouping as well?
  • The formulas are calculated per group and displayed in the header of each group. You can also use the same formula in the footer of the table to get a grand total, for example.

I don't have en exact ETA at the moment. I wanted it to be released weeks ago but I have been so busy with so many projects. However, I can send pre-release builds so you can at least get started on development. Email me if you are interested.
  • Kevin good morning

can i take you up on the offer for the beta - I have had a report writer in the works since 2 conferences ago where i demoed our report writer to Don, and this new functionality will be just the icing i've been waiting for.

In return I'll happily post the code onto the net for your other clients to use.

Cheers
  • Kevin,

I have just downloaded and tried this new functionality.

It works a treat. These seemingly simple concepts have turned what was a nice little tool into a work of art.
    Mind you, I don't have an artistic bone in my body but its a big {thumbs up} from me!

Congrats on a job well done!

I'm looking forward to putting it to actual use.
  • Thank you for the compliments, though I must admit that the ReportTable is largely the work of the good people at CodeJock.com. I did, however, have to make some changes to their source code to get this particular feature working the way I wanted.

New versions of the SRP ActiveX Controls have been released, which means this feature is no longer in beta. You can go to the Downloads page to get them.
  • Where can I see an example of this control. I am not quite sure of it's purpose/function.
  • The SRP ActiveX Controls download , downloads 'SRP_ActiveX_Info.exe', I would assume this is incorrect!
  • Barry, the control being discussed here is the SRP ReportTable Control. To download it, you go to the Downloads page and download either SRP Controls Pro (which has all of our controls) or the SRP ReportTable Controls. Both of these are in the left most table whose first columns is labelled "Control".
  • Where can I see an example of this control. I am not quite sure of it's purpose/function.
    Whoops, now I see it.