Welcome to the SRP Forum! Please refer to the SRP Forum FAQ post if you have any questions regarding how the forum works.

Cell Background Color with Selection

I'm having some interesting results with the EditTable when I try to specify a cell's background color, and also modify the selection color.

The first issue is that if I set the color for my cells and then apply the SelectionStyle property (which I am setting a selection color for the selected cell and it's row) the selected cell colors correctly and the row's foreground changes however the background does not. It does work for any cell's that have a "none" background color selected though.

I thought I could get around this by setting each cell's CellSelColor but that results in the exact same behavior.

Is this the intended behavior?

Comments

• The selection color should always override the background color. Do you have a screenshot of what you are describing?
  • I do.
    This is the image with no selection

This is with a colored row selected.

And this is how a row with no coloring applied looks.
  • Can I see the values you are using to set the SelectionStyle property?
  • CellColors = "" CellColors<1,1> = 'White' CellColors<1,2> = "Gradient(RoyalBlue L=55, RoyalBlue L=60, 6)" CellColors<2,1> = 'White' CellColors<2,2> = "Gradient(RoyalBlue L=55, RoyalBlue L=60, 6)" CellColors<5> = 0 CellColors<6> = 'None' CellColors<7> = 'None'
  • Sorry for the belated response. I've been swamped getting ready for the Revelation User Conference this week. I was able to confirm that this is indeed a bug. It will be fixed in the next release, which should be ready shortly after the conference.
  • Hi Kevin,

I was wondering if you could look into another EditTable issue while you are taking care of this.

If I set the row height to something much larger than the default, say 50 pixels, if you have more rows than will fit in the view the bottom row will be chopped in half at the bottom because it won't let you scroll all the way down. If you select the bottom cell it will programmically go low enough but if you scroll out you can't get back again. I've been getting around the problem by adding a fully merged blank row at the bottom of all of my tables but it would be nice to stop doing that.

Thanks