Welcome to the SRP Forum! Please refer to the SRP Forum FAQ post if you have any questions regarding how the forum works.

SRP_Hashtable Question Marks

I've recently updated to the newest version of the SRP_Utilities to get the SRP_JSON functions. Unfortunately I have had some significant issues with the Hashtable function in some of my procedures after the update. I believe I updated from 2 versions ago.

The issue appears to be that I create a Hashtable, populate the Hastable with a sizable number of values (around 12,000) and when I run "GetValuesAndKeys" I get a list that is filled with question marks. Is this a known issue or part of a change in the API for using this feature?

Thanks!

Comments

• HI Bryan,

I don't think there are any changes that should affect you. The question marks make me think of how UTF-8 characters often display when running OI in non-UTF-8 mode. Is there any possibility that UTF-8 is related?
  • That was a bug. I noticed the same bug with List and Array as I was working on them this week. Forgot to check HashTable. Download 1.5.5 RC6 and let me know if that's better.
  • That appears to take care of it. Thank you much
  • Kevin,
    Would you say that this is safe to deploy in production? I have a small tool I want to get out but don't want to break anything else if I can help it.
  • I'll make an official release later today, but if you need to use that version, it's safe. The only change from the previous release was the fix I made for you. The official release will have a new tool, but there will be nothing different with regards to the HashTable.
  • Has this new version been released?

I just stumbled over the same issue with srp_json and 'getmembers'

I don't have any members called "????????????????????????????????????????????????" :P
  • This was fixed in version 1.5.5. The current release is 1.5.6. For future reference, there is a version history on the wiki. We put a link to it on the product page as well.
  • Guess I went to the wrong page because it said the current version was 1.5.2

Should have checked the version history though.
  • I went via the wiki link rather than the products link.

My mistake. All works perfectly now though.