Welcome to the SRP Forum! Please refer to the SRP Forum FAQ post if you have any questions regarding how the forum works.

Oinsight.Ini

Hopefully this is a really stupid question with a really simple answer. We are trying to make mods to the options in the main Dev window, which are typically driven by the Oinsight.Ini file. We have tried modifying the ini files (on the RDP pc) that are on C:\Windows, C:\Users\\Appdata\Local\VirtualStore\Windows, and probably a few other spots. Nothing changes in the main window. Is there some other place that OI looks for its settings? What might be causing OI to not use the revisions?

Failing that, is there any other way from TCL or anywhere else to run the "old" Editor (not Editor++)?

Thanks!

Michael Matthews

Comments

• Nevahmind.. Got a workaround.. but if anyone has thoughts about the Oinsight.ini, Please let me know.

Thanks!
  • Michael,

%LOCALAPPDATA%\VirtualStore usually points to C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\VirtualStore which is the virtual store location as you already know but this can be changed through group policy if the Home Drive path is changed. Check %HomeDrive%\Windows for the location of an oinsight.ini file too.

I'm not sure of other ways to run the System Editor, my usual method is to start OI in DEV mode using the old IDE and click Tools > System Editor. I do recall reading about ways to start it through code but I don't recall how.
  • I just ran into a similar situation on a client's new Citrix box. Neither %LOCALAPPDATA% nor the %HomeDrive% paths contained a Windows folder with OINSIGHT.ini. I found it in %USERPROFILE%\Windows.