Welcome to the SRP Forum! Please refer to the SRP Forum FAQ post if you have any questions regarding how the forum works.

Control command of the Set_Printer function

Does anyone know if the Control command of the Set_Printer function works.
I tried the example and the only information that printed was the "Test 1 2 3"
The Code example was:
==============================================================================

* The following example shows how to use the CONTROL message to set the first page header
* and footer.
declare function Set_Printer
stat = Set_Printer("INIT") ;* Start printing
stat = Set_Printer("CONTROL", "", "First Head", "First Foot", "Times New Roman":@FM:18)
stat = Set_Printer("TEXT", "Test 1 2 3")
stat = Set_Printer("TERM") ;* End printing

Comments

• It is my habit to manually print the headers and footers, so that I have maximum control. I don't normally use the Header, Footer, and Control Set_Printer commands.

I tried messing around with this, and my test routine kept crashing on a program called OIPI_PRINTHEADER. I switched the setting in SYSYENV, CFG_OIPI from VSPRINTER to VSPRINTER2, and it started working after that. Not exactly sure what is going on. Maybe someone else can shed some light on this.
  • Thanks, don't want to change anything that might mess up others so I will place the footer manually
  • I concur with Frank. We learned a long time ago to favor control over automation. I guess you can call us "control freaks". Therefore, we typically rely upon POS and ADDTABLE for 95% of our OIPI data content and layout.