Welcome to the SRP Forum! Please refer to the SRP Forum FAQ post if you have any questions regarding how the forum works.

Layout request

Hi,
If we delete the START and END settings from the layout, the space for START and END keeps reserved for these sections.
Is there a way to loose this space. If the rowheight reduces we can schedule more employees for project or holyday in a MultidayHorz view.

Recently we got the option to "Netherlandize" the timebar. In the MultidayHorz we see a date-row also in incorrect format for us.
Also is there a way to loose the row with the hours in the MultidayHorz and only show the dates?

We cut and pasted a snapshot from the control and made our request visible.

These changes would be nice, but there is no rush for quick implementation, we are stil testing the control for the best implementation,
Regards, Ed

Comments

• Every element in the Layout property defines where that item will appear in the appointment. Merely deleting the start and end times doesn't change where the DESC item appears. See the Location element of the Layout property.

I'll see what I can do about the other requests. The formatting of the dates won't be too difficult, but losing the times might be a bit of work. I'll take a look and let you know.
  • Considering the bulk of our customers use 24hr time as an industry standard, I think I might change the terminology for when they select their preference.
    "Do you want to use am/pm or Netherland time?"
  • @AusmarkB: We want to use 24hr time format.
    @KevinFournier: I'm starting to understand the Layout property better now. If losing the time is difficult then look at the attached image srp4. The Interval is set to 60, what i believe is the largest value.

For the formatting of the date and time it would be nice if we could pass the format pattern to the control. Then we can decide ourselfs which hours we want show and how. See attached image srp5.
  • edited March 2021
    So, I am a silly man.

There is already a property for formatting the date, but forgot to document it. Shame on me. It's called DateHeaderFormat and it should work in the version you have.

Also, you can do what you suggest in srp5. There is a third field in the TimeRange property. If you set it to 4, it'll draw the time every four hours. The only caveat is that it always shows the first hour of the day. So, if your time range is 7:00 - 16:00, then it will show 7, 11, and 15. Play with this a bit to see if you can get something you like.