Welcome to the SRP Forum! Please refer to the SRP Forum FAQ post if you have any questions regarding how the forum works.

web.config

Where in my existing web.config (IIS) do I insert the rewrite rules that is in the Get Started section of the doc. I get an error when I do.
HTTP Error 500.19 - Internal Server Error
The requested page cannot be accessed because the related configuration data for the page is invalid.

This is what I have before the insert:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <configuration> <system.webServer> <directoryBrowse enabled="true" /> </system.webServer> </configuration>

Comments

• Thanks to @Opto_Will document I downloaded the url-rewrite install and I actually now see it in the IIS functions (Wondered why the srp doc showed the settings as a 'setup')

BTW: Where actually are those rewrite rules supposed to be created - i.e. which folder/web.config?
  • @BarryStevens

It lives in C:\inetpub\wwwroot (assuming default IIS install)

A good test is you can make some rubbish entries in the IIS Manager URL rewrite tool and you should be able to see the changes in that file.

I dont actually use the GUI. I just copy the file in (Text is pretty much what is in the document)
    If you edit that file directly though, you will need to be running your preferred editor with Admin permissions.
  • >>C:\inetpub\wwwroot

Ah good, because that is what I actually thought ....but with no confidence.