Welcome to the SRP Forum! Please refer to the SRP Forum FAQ post if you have any questions regarding how the forum works.

Error opening SRP EDITOR

Hi,

I can't open SRP Editor v 3.3.3 in OI 10.
I have tried to reboot my laptop, re-install the SRP Editor but it doesn't open.
The opening process stops until Restoring Saved States.
Does anyone know how to fix this ?

Thank you,

Regards

Albert

Comments

• Looking at the SRP Editor in the screenshot, it looks like it actually loaded fine but that the splash screen is getting stuck somehow. Can you still interact with the SRP Editor? If you click on the splash screen and press Alt+F4, does the splash screen close? I want to narrow the issue down to an actual hang or if the splash screen is just stuck.
  • I can't interact with the SRP editor, even when I press ALlt+F4, the splash screen doesn't close, it shows message box : OpenInsight is not responding.
  • Albert - I think you and Melia might be struggling with the same issue, but with different parts of OpenInsight and different tools. Do you have any issues with the SRP Editor in EXAMPLES or SYSPROG?
  • Hi Don,

I can't open SRP Editor both in EXAMPLES or SYSPROG

Regards

Albert K

• In OI 10, the SRP Editor tries to initialize the OIPI so it can support printing. It could conceivably hang if you don't have any printers defined on your machine, or perhaps all defined printers are from a network OIPI can't see, so it just sits there looking for them.

If setting up a local default printer doesn't resolve the issue, we'll need to arrange for me to have a copy of your system so I can debug this more directly. If you want to go that route, you can email me at kfournier@srpcs.com.
  • I have set up a local default printer and it doesn't resolve the issue.
    I have sent you a link to download a copy of our system.

Thank you

Albert