Welcome to the SRP Forum! Please refer to the SRP Forum FAQ post if you have any questions regarding how the forum works.

OI10 v10.2

edited September 2022 in OpenInsight
I am getting "SYS1002: The object code is invalid" messages running SRP_EDITOR after installing the OI10.2 upgrade.
Reinstalled srp_editor. still errors.
Can you confirm this is an issue at your end or just me.

Comments

• Can you confirm this is an issue at your end or just me.

We will, eventually. ;) We have the 10.2 full install and upgrade so we'll be testing it soon enough but we have some high priority projects on our plate at the moment. Hopefully within a day or two you'll get a response.
  • It runs but after selecting tools->options, then issues
  • I've duplicated the issue. It occurs even with a fresh install of 10.2 and the SRP Editor. Now we just have to figure out what the problem actually is. In the future if you post the Call Stack that will put us on the trail a little quicker.
  • @BarryStevens - Did you happen to upgrade an existing 10.1 application that already had entities that you designed? If so, can you run a few forms and confirm if the event handlers are working? It seems that whenever RUN_EVENT is called, RTP27 has trouble loading the event handler. I'm curious if this is a general problem or something unique with the SRP Editor.
  • @donbakke my events for forms appear to be working ex 10.1 upgrade to 10.2
  • @BarryStevens - Thanks. We'll have to upgrade our SRP Editor development environment now and try to figure out what the issue is.
  • FYI.
    If I do an app backup and then restore into a fresh copy of 10.2 and then start my menu form I get the object code is invalid message. Resave the form. Start again ok until I select a from from the menu!!!
  • I take it you are referring to a form you designed? Do you perchance have any OLE controls on this form?
  • I take it you are referring to a form you designed?

Yes

Do you perchance have any OLE controls on this form?

No.
    Still run_event
  • Okay. So far it seems limited to OLE controls for us, but we tend to have a lot of OLE controls so it could be that I'm getting a biased result. Based on your previous comment I recompiled my form and now it appears to work. Still, I think this is an issue that Revelation needs to address. I posted it in the Bug Tracker, #104.
  • Great, and I just posted in the beta forum re backup from 10.1 restore to 10.2 causes the issue with my app.
  • @DonBakke did you get this OLE issue resolced with RTI, I see there is no comment on the issues tracking.
    I assume you want to avoid a 10.2 recompile install - btw; issue is also with HTTP_FRAMEWORKS forms as I assume you are well aware.
  • @BarryStevens, no resolution yet. I haven't heard back from Revelation at all. I'm somewhat surprised there hasn't been any acknowledgement to the bug tracker entry or our forum thread. I was planning on following up, which I'll do now. I do want to avoid having to recompile everything because it shouldn't be necessary and we'll have to keep two versions of our RDKs for OI 10, not to mention RDKs for OI 9 as well.
  • Understand. I was being 'devil's advocate' , so, I notice you have shaken the tree.
  • Just an update on this issue.

Install srp_editor on clean\upgraded OI10.2
    error message
    run a OI10.2 upgrade again
    error dissapears.
  • Just a heads-up, but I assume this is related to the OI10.2 non-conversion.

with .rxi setting of;

the options dialog displays as: ( The RH side truncation and resizing - not the fonts )

• Yes, that will be fixed soon. I've just wrapped up DPI support in our OLE controls. Once those are released, then the SRP Editor will get some TLC.
  • >>DPI support in our OLE controls

That sounds great, thanks
  • Indeed. Long overdue.
  • Oh oh...the cat's out of the bag!