Welcome to the SRP Forum! Please refer to the SRP Forum FAQ post if you have any questions regarding how the forum works.

Opensight version 8 application failing on Windows 10 machine

I am trying to determine why an OI v8 application will not run on a Windows 10 machine. It does not show any error message, but the Event Viewer shows an application error with exception code 0xc000041d. An OI v9 application on the same machine does run. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks!

Comments

• Have you looked at DEP?
  • Hi Don. DEP was suggested as a possible cause, but I checked the system settings and the Data Execution Prevention tab under Performance Options has DEP turned on except for OINSIGHT.exe and OINSIGHT.EXE.
  • Does OENGINE.exe launch? What about NetDrv.exe? Is there A/V or Malware on this machine that might be targeting it?
  • OENGINE.EXE does not launch but gets an application error (per the Event Viewer) with the following details:

Faulting application name: OINSIGHT.exe, version: 8.0.1.0, time stamp: 0x46a5ff11
    Faulting module name: IM31XBMP.DEL_unloaded, version: 7.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x3b8e5e62
    Exception code: 0xc000041d
    Fault offset: 0x00000560
    Faulting process id: 0x8
    Faulting application start time: 0x01da1c0c5d5dcda0
    Faulting application path: C:\Kreider485RH\OINSIGHT.exe
    Faulting module path: IM31XBMP.DEL
    Report Id: a748109c-117a-4ad5-8df1-05db8fb1321a
    Faulting package full name:
    Faulting package-relative application ID:
  • Well...that's something. :)

Have you tried running the client setup? Is this an existing application that has always run and just suddenly stopped? Is this a new workstation trying to run this application? Maybe a little more background would be helpful.

I can tell you that OI 8 is not supported in Windows 10, but that doesn't mean it is impossible to run.
  • Please completely disable DEP and try again. I don't know that excluding certain processes is enough.
  • Hi Jared. The Performance Options window for DEP only has choices for turning on DEP for essential Windows stuff or for all programs except those selected (which is what is now being used). Are you suggesting I choose the first option or disabling it completely with a command like "bcdedit.exe /set {current} nx AlwaysOff"? If the latter, is there any danger in doing that? Thanks.
  • Don, Netdrv does run, with All Networks 2.1 selected. There is no ClientSetup.exe in that folder. This is an existing application that has run on other Win 10 computers, but this installation on a new virtual machine running Windows 10.
  • Try changing DEP to the first option, which applies only to essential Windows components. I don't recall having to use bcdedit.exe in the past.
  • That worked. Thanks a lot Jared!