Welcome to the SRP Forum! Please refer to the SRP Forum FAQ post if you have any questions regarding how the forum works.

Debugger issue

edited November 2023 in OpenInsight
Has anyone had a issue with the System Debugger 'not working' for a single user on a Remote Desktop server? As in not displaying....

I have previously seen a similar symptom when the OEngine.dll version was not that same as the OInsight.exe. That is not the case here. Both are 9.4.6

This is our development server and every other user seems to work OK so that points to a profile issue methinks.

At first I thought it might have been the SRP Editor since the server is newish and the user would have imported settings from the old server so I deleted those HKCU Editor entries. That didn't work but.
The user then proved it wasnt working outside of the SRP Editor either (simple debug in code with the App run in Develpment mode).

I then removed the oinight.ini file for that profile to let it get recreated but that didnt seem to work either.

So, before we go off and start wiping/re-creating Windows profiles, any thoughts of what else might impact this for a single user only?

Comments

• Does the code stop where you expect it to or does the code continue to run?

Instead of deleting OINSIGHT.ini, try modifying the RevDebugger values.
  • @DonBakke

It does stop. Every other dev gets the debugger pop up at that point. This user it just 'hangs'

I did originally try to just copy in my RevDebugger values before I deleted the whole oinsight.ini file. Neither worked. Nor did a full system reboot.

It is a head scratcher.
    Like I said, I think I know a fix (new profile) but I really wanted to work out what might be causing it.