Welcome to the SRP Forum! Please refer to the SRP Forum FAQ post if you have any questions regarding how the forum works.

OI v9.x and SRP Editor v3.4.4

installed SRP Editor v3.4.4 into OI v9.4.6, did not work, tried a few other times, still receiving the attached messages. I suspect the first install had an issue and installations after that did not work due to the same issue.

Comments

• Something has the SRPEditor.ocx locked, preventing the install from happening at all. If you are sure that all users are logged out of OI and are still getting that message, you might need to restart the machine to release the lock.
  • did all that and its on a single workstation.
  • Make sure your OI directory is not read only.
  • Can you also confirm that you do not have any anti-virus or malware detection software running?
  • edited January 30
    apologies for delayed response, deliverables come first, I did as Kevin requested above, and yes, as all company workstations, I have malware/anti-virus while in VPN. Attached is a copy of the error message, I am receiving after confirming directory permissions and such. One thing I noticed when hacking around, this error message only occurs if I am using precomp SRP_PreCompiler. "#pragma precomp SRP_PreCompiler". #pragma SRP_PreCompiler works... FYI.
  • The reason "#pragma SRP_PreCompiler" doesn't cause an error is because the code does nothing. While the errors are prevented, SRP_PreCompiler doesn't run at all. SRP_PreCompiler relies on SRP Utilities, which is installed with the SRP Editor, but since the SRPEditor.OCX file cannot be unlocked, the SRP Editor installer doesn't install SRP Utilities. You can try downloading and installing only the SRP Utilities to see if that will work.
  • will give it a try later tonight, thanks,