Welcome to the SRP Forum! Please refer to the SRP Forum FAQ post if you have any questions regarding how the forum works.

arev printer environment

does anyone know where the 'printer environment' settings are stored?

Comments

• The AREVC.INI file.
  • Looking at flds 13 & 14, what is that values separator character - srpeditor shows Chinese symbols!!!
  • Can you show me what you are seeing? The delimiters are value marks:

• Wow, that was weird, opened again and they are now value marks (same as your image)

Thanks, sorry about that.
  • May I ask what you are trying to accomplish? The information in this file gets loaded into system variables so your needs might be better served with a different approach.
  • What windows printer name has been assigned to the AREV printer name 'RECEIPTS'
  • So the Printer Environment window wasn't helpful?

• From an OI proc I need to print(OIPI) to the printer with a 'silent' printer selection.
    i.e. Get the 'printer type' = RECEIPTS and retrieve the 'Name' to pass to set_printer INIT
  • ..the OI proc is called from AREV64, so I assume the 'system variable' is only available from AREV64, if so, I would then have to pass to my oiproc when called.
    I have looked at Dave's (RIP) 'AREV COMPANION' and the relevant system variable is not jumping out at me (on first quick scan)
  • edited February 15
    thanks to revwiki and sprezz revmedia links I was able to work out and then get this to get my required results.

DECLARE FUNCTION GETCONFIGURE
    ERROR = GETCONFIGURE(INFO)
    PrinterNames = INFO<29>
    PrinterPort = INFO<41>

and of course I could just use (yes found it ) @environ.set<92> & <93>
    But, looks like GETCONFIGURE gives some other cool centralised information.