Welcome to the SRP Forum! Please refer to the SRP Forum FAQ post if you have any questions regarding how the forum works.

Volume MFS

Hola all,

My client is in the process of moving their Production system to a new server with an updated OS. They have everything they need on the new platform. Part of the project involves archiving 30 years of data down to seven and remaking tables. All the code to do this is ready and tested. But during the time this is happening, we need to track data that is changed in the live system during the archiving. I can write MFS/s to track such changes and write them someplace for import in the new platform. But I would like to not have to install an MFS on every table.

Has anyone had any success with a volume MFS? I've read that it's possible but have never done it myself. Just trying to minimize the overhead and maintenance required.

Thanks in advance.

Michael

Comments

• I have not yet done one myself but I know you would add them to the Volume Pointer using this tool:

• Thanks Don.. Do you know how the Writes would be coded? Would table handles, etc. still be the same?

I'm sure we've all done MFS's out the wazoo, but this is new ground for me.
  • Page 30 of this SENL has some information about Volume MFS's that might prove helpful.
  • Thank you sir! Sprezz was my next stop, but thanks for the direction.