Welcome to the SRP Forum! Please refer to the SRP Forum FAQ post if you have any questions regarding how the forum works.

Accessing tables on another server

Hello all.. I hope everyone is doing ok during the plague. Praying it passes soon.

I have a copy of OI running on a local box. No UD, Revparam is set to ServerOnly = 0. When I try to Listmedia or Attach an OI data folder on another server (ServerOnly = 0), I get this error msg:

I've never seen this error before and can find no documentation. Does anyone know what's up with this?

Thanks, and be safe..

Michael

Comments

• That means your DLL pointer is missing. How did you create this local copy of OI? Was it a copy of a version that was working or is this a new install? Also, did you install anything recently in this copy of OI?
  • My client copied it from a system that was working. They ran the ClientSetup app as well.

I've copied OI systems before and have never run into this.
  • I've seen this happen a few times and it seems related to changes with the UD client. What version of OI is this?

After it was copied, the Revparam for the OI copy was changed to ServerOnly = 0, as was the Revparam on the target volume.
  • Try downloading this RDK and install it. Hopefully it will restore your DLL pointer.
  • Will give it a shot. Thanks Don!
  • Installed RDK. I still get the same error from Attach or Listmedia.
  • I actually wonder if the RDK installed. In order to install it would need to do an Attach. If your Attach commands are failing then I would expect the same problem when installing the RDK. Can you try to attach the RDK table (rather than install) just to see if the SYSUPGRADE table is visible?
  • Will do. Trying one other thang right now.

Thank you sir!
  • No Attach or Listmedia will work. They both bomb out with the same error.
  • Have you tried to switch the client driver to something else, like 2.1?
  • We'll be going with a different solution. Thanks for all your help!