Welcome to the SRP Forum! Please refer to the SRP Forum FAQ post if you have any questions regarding how the forum works.

EditTable CellConv in OI 10

I'm working in OI10 and the 64 bit version of SRP controls and I ran into a problem I am trying to solve. I have a setup SRP edittable where I am setting validation and conversion type on the fly. The following code is used:

Call Set_Property(CtrlEntID, "OLE.CellConv[3; 1]", "MD2":@FM:"MD2":@FM:'"@DATA" is not a number.')
Call Set_Property(CtrlEntID, "OLE.CellConv[3; 2]", "MD2":@FM:"MD2":@FM:'"@DATA" is not a number.')

when a number is entered in this field the error message is triggered. any help would be greatly appreciated

Comments

• I've only worked with the 32bit version in OI 9.4, so my experience may not be relevant. I've had CellConv fail as you describe when placing the control in a modal dialog window. I can only use the CellConv property for SRP EditTables in non-modal forms.
  • Thanks for posting, @prattspets. I let this post slip through the cracks. @Mihyar, is this on a modal dialog box? The problem with modal dialog boxes is that they do not allow for synchronous event handling. It's an age-old limitation of OI. If this is a modal dialog box, you can't use CellConv. You'll have to manually handle this with the AfterUpdate event.
  • @KevinFournier and @prattspets
    Thank you so much for your reply, it is indeed in a dialog box, I switched to handling that manually. Now thanks for your replies it makes sense.