Welcome to the SRP Forum! Please refer to the SRP Forum FAQ post if you have any questions regarding how the forum works.

Error when attempting to run an deployment definition

I created a standard repository view and deployment definition and when I attempted to run the deployment definition I got an error on line one of the RDKEXTRACT stating that there were too many parameters passed to the procedure RDKEXTRAXTDATABASE.
Any suggestions?

Comments

• Seems like there is a version problem with that routine. I would use a clean system and create a deployment of RDKEXTRACTDATABASE and load it into your system.
  • I've run into the issue of getting a 'too many parameters' message from time to time over the years while trying to install an RDK. It sounds like you are getting the issue when you are making the RDK so I don't think this applies but in the chance that it does these are what my notes indicates:

In OpenInsight 7.x (and maybe into 8.x) the source code for RDKModuleInstall was available for customization. This version of the source code accepted only 2 parameters to the function. Due to circumstances the current source code is not available and the function now requires 3 parameters.

If you attach the RDK and look in the SYSUPGRADE table you should have a record called %RUN%. This record is a compiled version of RDKModuleInstall from the system where the RDK is deployed from.

When you install the RDK the RDKINSTALL command attaches and then attempts to run the %RUN% program.

If you build an RDK from an old system and deploy it into a new system you can receive this error because the old %RUN% record only accepts 2 parameters and the new RDKINSTALL command passes it 3 parameters.

If you have not customized RDKModuleInstall you can fix the problem in this RDK by following these steps from your OpenInsight 9.x system:

Attach the RDK. I.e. attach_table "C:\RDKLOCATION"
    Run copy_row "SYSOBJ", "$RDKMODULEINSTALL", "SYSUPGRADE", "%RUN%", 1, 1, 0)
    Run detach_volume "C:\RDKLOCATION"
    Now run RDKInstall "C:\RDKLOCATION"

These steps will overwrite the old %RUN% program with the version that has 3 parameters.

As I said, if you are getting this error while trying to create the RDK I think it's slightly different than if you are getting the error while trying to install the RDK.