Welcome to the SRP Forum! Please refer to the SRP Forum FAQ post if you have any questions regarding how the forum works.

Window "Restore Down" not available

Not sure where this might go so I will use General for the moment.

We use the Ribbon Control (if it is indeed related to this) and if we maximise a window it maximises within the frame (as expected).
However, there is no ability to 'Restore Down' back to normal window size (or to minimize or close for that matter). The controls are not visible to do so anywhere. I have to close the program and reopen it.

In the older, non ribbon version of our system we can see the buttons and they seem to work OK

n.b. From what I can tell this might have been an issue before my time since in the 'old system' the windows have 'Maximize Box' turned off on most forms.

What am I missing?

Comments

• You are not missing anything. The Ribbon Control emulates modern UI designs. The MDI paradigm is outmoded, but in OI, we work with what we've got. If you need restore buttons, you have to add them to the Ribbon control somewhere and manually restore the window. A possible location on the Ribbon could be the TabBarControls area.