Welcome to the SRP Forum! Please refer to the SRP Forum FAQ post if you have any questions regarding how the forum works.

Text ForeColor in Windows XP Classic mode is White

With version 3.0.6 of the SRP Button control, the text on a button is white by default if the theme is 'Window Classic Style' on XP. It seems that this come from the font color of the 'Selected Items' display property in Windows XP - ie, changes to this property are reflected in the button text. The buttons are set with the 'Standard Flat' Style.

Is there a reason why the normal ForeColor defaults to the Selected Items display property? White is an appropriate forecolor when the background of a selected item is dark blue, but it doesn't work so well with button text.

A work-around is to set the ForeColor property of the SRP buttons directly to black in the CREATE event, although this seems a little hard-wired.

Cheers, M@

Comments

• Sorry for my belated response, but what seems to be occurring here is that I am apparently not very thorough in my testing. :-) That is most definitely a bug, and it will be addressed in the next release.

For others that might stumble upon this thread, note that in Windows 7, the default seems to be battleship gray instead of black. Again, it's a bug and will be fixed soon.
  • I just ran across this same issue (I'm in Windows 7 and noticed that the button text is a light color and harder to read).

Has the button control been fixed so that I do not have to manually set the color to black for each button?

When I read the Version property of a button, it says "3.0.6 01/11/2013 10:53AM" That date seems old, but I'm not sure.

Thanks,
    Adam Chan

User: Adam Chan
  • This seems to have been fixed in version 3.0.7 of the SRP Button control.

Cheers, M@
  • Thanks, M@! I'll try to get the updated SRP Button control.

User: Adam Chan