Welcome to the SRP Forum! Please refer to the SRP Forum FAQ post if you have any questions regarding how the forum works.

OI 10.1 issue heads-up

@DonBakke just letting you know I will post this in the beta issues.

This works in OI10.0.8 but in OI10.1 returns null

function get_SRPControlsVersion(Void) declare function OleCreateInstance,OleCallMethod Obj = OleCreateInstance("SRP.ControlInfo") SRPControlsVersion = OleCallMethod(Obj, "GetProVersionNumber") return SRPControlsVersion

Comments

• Did you attempt to call OLEStatus to see what it indicates might be the problem?
  • The error code is DISP_E_BADINDEX, which can happen when a COM host tries to access a property or method by index, but the index is invalid. My guess is that 10.1 is not correctly loading the Type Library that informs OI what the properties and methods are.
  • @KevinFournier I posted your response as a reply in the issues section - where their response was 'contact SRP' again.
  • It's frustrating, I know. The controls worked in 10.0.8, so why is it our fault they don't anymore? Don't know. I'll check things out when I can. In the meantime, feel free to post 10.1 issues with our controls on our forums. These reports give me a place to start looking.
  • I thought it was the wrong attitude as I was using their function as said it was working in 10.0.8

Going to try my ole email function and see if that works.
  • 4.1.20.6 should fix this particular problem.
  • That works. Did you just work around the 10.1 problem or was it not a 10.1 issue.
    i.e. do I still keep the issue report?
  • Carl Pates already knows. He pointed me to the problem. OI 10.1 changed how it queried for information for a COM method, and my old code wasn't responding to that particular API code. This was only a problem for COM objects within the OCX, not for the controls.