Welcome to the SRP Forum! Please refer to the SRP Forum FAQ post if you have any questions regarding how the forum works.

SRP.Preview.1

I stumbled across this ole control - SRP.Preview.1, which is undocumented and unsupported (Well back in 2020 anyway)
It works for me, but, I get a license message, even though it does not show up in the controls that should be licensed.
How can I get rid of the license msg. (If recommendation is now not to use, that is OK)

Comments

• This is something I created some time ago with the thought of making it official, but it is quirky enough that we've been loath to advertise it. Essentially, it's a thin wrapper around the preview you see in Windows Explorer. The problem with it is that it only supports previewing documents that Windows Explorer supports, and that differs from machine to machine.

For example, you could point it to a .docx file and it will preview the Word document... as text only, because that is how Microsoft programmed it. You can preview PDFs, but the nature of the preview differs if you last installed Adobe or Fox It.

I can give you a license for it, but it would come with the caveat that we can't really support any specific needs. You are at the mercy of each and every client setup. I have one client that uses it well enough, but we have pretty strict control over what is installed on clients.