Welcome to the SRP Forum! Please refer to the SRP Forum FAQ post if you have any questions regarding how the forum works.

Develop data migrations in .net

I was wondering if there is any chance we could develop migrations script in .net, or any other language. I would like to connect directly to the MultiValue database and SQL Server to copy data from one to the other.

I know we can use the open engine to interface with Open Insight, but this leads to extra links in the chain, which slows down the process. So if there is a lowlevel class or NuGet package available, that would be awesome.

Since a lot of smart people reside on this platform, I thought I might have a chance if I ask here ;-)

Comments

• Other than writing your own direct interface to RevCAPI (which is not supported or recommended by Revelation), the expected interface into OpenInsight is through the OEngineServer.
  • I should have also noted that NetOI is a way of working with .NET to talk to OI, but this does require you to install the OEngineServer.
  • Since you're familiar with the .net tools and to build upon what Don said you could use this blog article https://blog.srpcs.com/powershell-as-an-openinsight-tcl-enhancement/ as an example of how to connect in to OpenInsight with the OEngineServer using NetOI. Since it's a PowerShell example you'll be able to do the same from almost any other .Net tool such as VisualStudio.