Welcome to the SRP Forum! Please refer to the SRP Forum FAQ post if you have any questions regarding how the forum works.

SRP Send Mail Error

I am starting to play with SRP Mail (V3) to try and replace some old (deprecated) rti_CDOmail calls since it has TLS capability.

I am using the following basic code:
$insert SRPMAIL_INSERTS Config = "" Config<3> = 587 Config<4> = MailServerOrig Config<5> = 1 Config<6> = UserName Config<7> = Password Config<8> = "TLS" Message = "" Message<1> = Subject Message<2> = EmailFrom Message<3> = EmailTo Message<4> = "" Message<5> = "" Message<6> = "" Message<7> = "TEXT" Message<8> = "TEST" Message<9> = "" Message<10> = SRPMail_Importance_Normal$ Message<12> = 1 rv = SRP_Send_Mail(Message, Config)

I am getting the following error:

I have been reading about some old issues with date formating and wondering if this is related or something entirely different?

Comments

• edited October 2021
    I should probably note that this is my local machine (AU region formatting), not a TS.

Testing was done using both Gmail and Office365 accounts.

Also, I dont actually have a license for SRP_MAIL yet. Just testing at this stage....
  • Try this dll and let me know if it works.
  • Well it works at getting rid of the 'valid DateTime' message!!!

I am now able to send some tests via gmail !!!
    (TLS or SSL to port 587, regardless of if Config<1> = SendUsing_Port$ is set or not...)
    :)

Office365 not so much. That still fails but that (I dont think) is a SRP Mail problem, just MS keeping the screws tight. I think I will need to hit our our IT next!

Thanks Kevin!

• I wonder if this is related to the issue Chris Meyer recently began to report to Revelation with RTI_CDOMail. His IT expert identified the problem being due to RTI_CDOMail using TLS 1.0 but Microsoft requires TLS 1.2 or TLS 1.3. He also posted a link to this Microsoft article: Disabling TLS 1.0 and 1.1 for Microsoft 365
  • Don,

I must of missed that report from Chris. I actually checked Revelation before I came here and started looking at SRP Mail!

That TLS is the same as the issue I spoke to you about recently regarding the financial API that locked down their security protocols.

I had been playing with the settings noted in that link and have come across some side effects. Most notably, some client Remote Desktops no longer work until I remove the WinHTTP key.

I re-enabled that key to test this (TLS 1.2 only). Office365 still fails but not with the longer message from above. Just a standard "Failure sending mail" message.
  • Reading Chris' thread now....
  • Privately I suggested he try the SRP Mail utility to compare and see if that could help isolate the problem. I never heard back from him whether he tried it or not. If he is reading this thread perhaps he can chime in.
  • It is an interesting thread. Sounds eerily similar to our experience with rti_cdomail and what you and I know is happening elsewhere with with a push to move the baseline up to at least TLS 1.2......

I think my last image above miht be related to the note in that thread about whether SMTP Auth is enable in our tenant. It may never have been but, as noted, they are going to disbale it in 12 months anyway.