Welcome to the SRP Forum! Please refer to the SRP Forum FAQ post if you have any questions regarding how the forum works.

SRP Editor configuration file

Where do you store the configuration file that holds all the settings and options that are created in the SRP Editor?

Comments

• Everything except the auto text settings are in the registry at Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\SRP\SRPEditor.
  • Is there a quick way to restore the defaults?
  • If you open RegEdit, go to "Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\SRP\SRPEditor", and delete all the values in that location, you've essentially reset all options.
  • Thank you Kevin!
  • Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\SRP\SRPEditor

Is this still where favorites are stored - under each account name

I can see where they should be getting picked up, but are not.
    I had to 'reinstall' srp_editor as I appeared to have lost it - maybe that caused an issue.

this is my registry entry where I see all the favorites:
    Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\SRP\SRPEditor\D__NEW_CHRIS_STUFF_OInsight10\PBC\FAVORITES
    This is the folder I am running from:

D:\_NEW_CHRIS_STUFF\OInsight10
  • Is this after updating to the latest version? 3.4.2?
  • edited August 2023
    I've tried to recreate this in OI 10 on my end, but my favorites seem to be saving. So I can better understand the problem, are your favorites never saving at all, or did you just lose your favorites one time after upgrading? Is it the favorites list itself not saving or is it not remembering the files that were left open?
  • >>just lose your favorites one time after upgrading?
    Yes
  • @BarryStevens, just to clarify, is the registry key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\...\FAVORITES essentially empty, or is the key populated with names that you expect to see in the editor? If the latter, the value of the "(Default)" string may be zero. If you change it to a number no more than the number of filename entries in the key, you should then see them in the editor as well.

At least, this has worked for me. Periodically I lose my files in "Favorites" and "Open Windows." In fact, it happened recently, possibly after I ran the installer for 3.4.2.2 (though I cannot be on this last point). Changing "(Default)" in the FAVORITES and OFL keys to a positive number fixes the problem.

On the other hand, if no filenames appear in your FAVORITES key, I don't know how you can recover the entries. I am still running OI9; no idea if anything changed for OI10.
  • Yes I see them. Thanks, I will check it out
  • Yep, that fixed it.
    Thanks
  • I'm glad I could help. And finally I have contributed something to this very helpful forum.