Welcome to the SRP Forum! Please refer to the SRP Forum FAQ post if you have any questions regarding how the forum works.

SRP_Run_Command v2.2.2

I have used SRP_Run_Command for running an executable file in my application successfully in the past. I updated SRP_Utilities to version 2.2.2 and now it does not work. The command is as follows.

SRP_Run_Command("GetEmailEdi.exe", "DOS", FilePath)

I'm not sure what is going wrong. I double checked the FilePath and all is good. It attempts to run the file because the black DOS screen pops up but immediately closes without running the executable. Any suggestions?

Comments

• There were recent changes to better support Unicode, so maybe something is happening there. If you can get me a link to download that EXE, I'll see if I can isolate the problem and get you a fix.
  • edited December 2021
    Here is a link to the folder that has the GetEmailEDI.exe file. It is originally a python script that was converted into an executable using pyinstaller, so I think the whole folder is necessary because it includes all the dependencies needed from python.

<<link deleted by admin for security>>
  • Try 2.2.3.2 and let me know if that fixes it.
  • What does GetEmailEDI.exe do for you? Does it connect to an VAN post office and download documents for you?
  • @Kevin - I will install and let you know.
    @Don GetEmailEDI.exe finds specific emails in an IMAP email Inbox, downloads the attached files, and moves the email to a different folder on the email server.
  • I haven't installed SRP_Utilities from RDK for a while. Do I do the RUN RDKINSTALL "path" from the SYSPROG application or my local application?
  • You can run it from any application since RDKINSTALL will place the entities into their proper location.
  • v2.2.3.2 works. Thanks Kevin!