Welcome to the SRP Forum! Please refer to the SRP Forum FAQ post if you have any questions regarding how the forum works.

SRP Table Search hanging.

RE: Version 3.3.1.0 SRPEditor.OCX
Hi Kevin, I have not seen this posted so forgive me if it has been addressed.
We are working in an AREV32 environment converting to OI. When using the Table Search and looking through a library of mixed source and object stored procedures Table Search will hang if it gets a hit on one of the object modules. Other than the task manager restart I have not found a way to continue. Converting old AREV code requires lots of searches through the old code. If this has been addressed please point me in the right direction. It is much needed these days.

Hope all is well with the SRP Team.

Comments

• Out of curiosity, I searched for the word "test" in SYSOBJ and got over 1000+ result, no hanging. All Table Search does is read the record and do an Index or IndexC on it. It shouldn't really matter what is in the record. I use the same simple algorithm for any record from any table.

Based on your description, I'm assuming it's getting into an infinite loop somehow. There are several places this could occur, but it would require very unusual behavior, such as ReadNext never reaching the end of a select. I'm going to need more to go on than the fact that the table contains a mix of records. I would need to know more about the record that's causing the hang.
  • Okay, Don and I discovered the issue. This has to do with declaring a table to be a CODE type table in the SRP Editor. At that point, the SRP Editor assumes it can parse whatever you load from that table. The next version of the SRP Editor will do a sanity check before attempting to parse anything assumed to be code.