Welcome to the SRP Forum! Please refer to the SRP Forum FAQ post if you have any questions regarding how the forum works.

HTTP Error 502.2 - Bad Gateway

Getting the following error.
IIS virtual directory setup the same as a url that is working - pbcmobile
Is this referring to the inet_pbc_login that is being 'called' ?
Can you see anything obvious in the details that is being shown?

HTTP Error 502.2 - Bad Gateway The specified CGI application misbehaved by not returning a complete set of HTTP headers. The headers it did return are "". Detailed Error Information: Module CgiModule Notification ExecuteRequestHandler Handler OECGI3 Error Code 0x00000000 Requested URL http://localhost:80/pbcmobilefes/oecgi3.exe/inet_pbc_login Physical Path C:\Revsoft\Web\OIApps\pbcmobilefes\oecgi3.exe\inet_pbc_login Logon Method Anonymous Logon User Anonymous

Comments

• My best guess is that your INET routine is not setting expected response headers.
  • Barry, did an oengine start?
  • @AusMarkB
    >>did an oengine start?
    Yes
  • In oengine debug mode I can see messages that really should not be there.
    Ok, then, looks like it is not in my IIS setup which is good - thats a scary place.

I had to put oecgi3.exe in the virtual dir folder even though I declared it the local server and set run permissions. Is there a setting somewhere that is a 'use this globally' - sorry non technical terms.
  • I should have asked, is your INET routine not getting called?
  • Looks like it is as I can see it in the oiengine - - you mean the one that is in the registry setting 'proceedurename'
    Will stick debugs in - 3rd party developed, so still tracking how it is all put to-gether. - custom inet
  • I'm specifically referring to inet_pbc_login, since that is the stored procedure you are attempting to call. Is that actually getting called?

Also, whey are you working with INET? Is this a pre-existing application?
  • edited March 2022
    Whenever I see that error it is indicative of the application not returning at all. It didn't return any headers because it didn't return at all.
    This happens most often under two scenarios:
    1. The application is still processing. I recently posted about this on the rev forum re btree.extract taking 20 minutes. The OI application is still doing its thing but the request has timed out and an error like yours is displayed or
    2. The OI code has stopped either because of a debug statement or a genuine run of the mill error. Same end result as above, the request times out.
  • Out of office at the moment, but I saw it is a file open error for which it is setting inet related status error return, but of cause it is not showing the error on the web page but is in the eserver debug mode window. Should it also be able to show a proper error on the web page?

I will let you know what the is trying to do, maybe ‘web rules’ have changed since it was written.