Welcome to the SRP Forum! Please refer to the SRP Forum FAQ post if you have any questions regarding how the forum works.

srp default basic authentication service

How do you retrieve the username that was used to login via the srp authentication service, at any point during your api executions.

Comments

• I thought about it and, correct me if I am wrong.
    I think a header is returned either automatically or tell the web developer to do it, that contains the authorization string (in base64 ?) when any api is called.
  • edited March 2022
    Prying eyes.

< not documented >
    I see this service GetAuthenticatedAccountID in HTTP_Authentication_Services ssp , is that a service that we are able to use or is just a function only applicable to the working of the service.
  • You are correct on both accounts. The Authorization header contains the (typically encoded and/or encrypted) credentials. You could get this using HTTP_Services('GetRequestHeaderField', 'Authorization'), but then you would have to decode it yourself. So, the GetAuthenticatedAccountID is the better service to use.
  • Great, that was a confidence boost. It is all coming back to me now (well sort of) - terminology still gets me). How vastly different from the version 1 days :)
  • How vastly different from the version 1 days :)

That's an understatement.