Welcome to the SRP Forum! Please refer to the SRP Forum FAQ post if you have any questions regarding how the forum works.

srp_jasonx

I assume it is possible to use srp_jasonx and feed the results into in the normal http return manner. (sorry no buzzwords in case used in the wrong context)

As I am doing a lot of building of arrays in memory (not resources in specific table) that this might be the way for me to handle this part of it.
Still finding it a bit hit & miss with 'AddSubProperty';AddProperty, AddSubResource, AddSubResourceObject - no reflection on frameworks (awesome product) noone to blame but me.
Still wonder why not documented here - which makes me think I should not be working at that low level as frameworks is really about handling resources (from tables) and of course uses these routines to complete that task - which is where I am deciphering the way to use from.

Comments

• The only thing I want to correct you on is the spelling of JSON vs. JASON. Yeah, pronounced similarly, but definitely a different spelling (JSON = JavaScript Object Notation).

Are you simply asking if you can use SRP JsonX with the HTTP Framework? The answer is "yes" and "no".

In terms of just working with JSON objects and arrays the answer is "yes". The HTTP Framework does not care how the JSON is created. Once it is serialized (i.e., it is just a string that looks like JSON), the HTTP Framework has no clue how it was put together.

In terms of using SRP JsonX with some of the HTTP Framework services, then you might run into several obstacles. The HTTP Framework was designed with SRP Json, which works rather differently than the much newer SRP JsonX. We are looking at retrofitting the HTTP Framework to use SRP JsonX, but that is not a priority.

That said, you can always use SRP Json to convert an object to a string (using the 'Stringify' service) and then use SRP JsonX to parse this...and vice-versa. Thus SRP Json and SRP JsonX can work together if needed, but I'm not sure it is worth the effort.
  • Yes using json and not the newly invented jason!!!!

>>In terms of using SRP JsonX with some of the HTTP Framework services,
    More along side of as apposed to with - i.e. not exchanging/interchanging.

Working well so far, has provided me with the 'missing link' and up to speed now. 🤞