Welcome to the SRP Forum! Please refer to the SRP Forum FAQ post if you have any questions regarding how the forum works.

500-status error

In Postman.
click 'send' with a GET request and receive the response quoted below, then immediately click send again and get expected body response with status 200 Ok.
My api executes to the end and executes the debug, (there for this test):

If Error_Services('NoError') then debug end Return Response OR ''

Could you shed any light on what might be causing this.

{
"type": "about:blank",
"title": "Internal Server Error",
"status": 500,
"detail": "Get_Status Error",
"Status": "1",
"StatusCode": "FS109 - D:\\DATAVOL"
}

Comments

• The clue is in the StatusCode value: FS109. This means a process was unable to open a table or volume. There is a reference to D:\DATAVOL. Does any of your code attempt to open a table?
  • Ok, if it not something at your end I will debug thru my code.
  • Well, I don't think the HTTP Framework is doing something. At least this isn't expected. Perhaps an explanation of how the HTTP Framework generates that response might be helpful. The HTTP_MCP listener is responsible for packaging up the response just prior to returning control back to the web server. As one of its final tasks, it checks Get_Status() for any errors. If there are any, it uses the SetResponseError service to generate the JSON response you see in Postman. Thus, something must have triggered an FS error along the way.
  • An oi status error was created when a application system function was called to attach the data files along with datavol for which the datavol attach created an error code as was already attached and no reason for error checking.
    But, it was picked up by the backend of frameworks.
    All I had to do was clear the status after the function call.
  • Yes, that would be the way to workaround. This is more of a defensive programming solution, which is appropriate in your situation.