Welcome to the SRP Forum! Please refer to the SRP Forum FAQ post if you have any questions regarding how the forum works.

AREV/OI

Newbie here, am hoping to obtain an overview of this system, my new employer utilizes this system and I would like to get a heads up. Procedures, screenshots and navigation would be so helpful. Tremblayla@protonmail.com.

Comments

• In general, AREV and OpenInsight (OI) are development systems created by a company called Revelation Software (https://www.revelation.com/). Our company didn't write these systems, but we are experts in them. We support clients who rely on AREV/OI and we also offer training for people wanting to learn how to be proficient in OpenInsight. While we support AREV through emulation (AREV32), it is considered quite legacy, so we try to move users to OpenInsight if possible.

We'd be happy to help you get off the ground, but we're going to need more specifics as to your particular needs. Are you looking for training to become an OpenInsight developer or for support for your company's existing system from our own software engineers?
  • I will be responsible for utilizing the system, front line. I am looking for tutorials, screen shots of how to navigate the system.
  • Louise - I'm assuming you are being tasked with the responsibility to support the Revelation system you've inherited at your new employment. If that is the case, there is no amount of screen shots we can post here that will adequately equip you. Also, there are many versions of AREV/AREV32/OI, so without knowing which versions you are using will minimize our ability to help.

Bottom line, as my colleague noted, it sounds like you are looking for and need training. There are some online tutorials for OI (go to the Revelation site Kevin posted above) but you won't find any tutorials for AREV/AREV32. From all that I've gathered, my strong recommendation is that you get training from a qualified individual. We are an Authorized Training Center for Revelation, so we can help you with that if you like. Just drop a note to support@srpcs.com if you wish to explore this option further.