Welcome to the SRP Forum! Please refer to the SRP Forum FAQ post if you have any questions regarding how the forum works.

SRP_Run_Command

I've been using the SRP_Run_Command for a while now and for some reason I'm getting an issue where it's not able to run certain commands that it was able to before. For instance I have a jar file that I created that exports the results into a .txt file so for the full command argument I use something similarly to :

commandLine = "java -jar LuceneIndexSearcher.jar "
searchArgument = "firstname;lastname;;;;;" (semicolons are delimiters for my jar file program)
SRP_Run_Command(commandLine : searchArgument, "VAR", fileDirectory, '')

If I try to run the program with the exact same command "java -jar LuceneIndexSearcher.jar firstname;lastname;;;;;" in a command prompt, it works successfully, however lately when I run SRP_Run_Command it seems to work depending on the structure of the searchArgument "firstname;lastname;;;;;". Has there been an update recently and are there any characters I'm using such as a semicolon that may affect the way it executes a command? (And yes I am putting a space between the jar file name and the argument)

Thank you,

Comments

• What is the error you're getting when it doesn't work?
  • Luann - Unless you upgraded SRP Utilities yourself, the SRP_Run_Command would not have been updated recently on your system. Also, with regard to Kevin's question, replace "VAR" with "DOSOPEN" so you can see the command being executed as well as any errors being reported.
  • Not getting any errors, it just comes back with no results. The output file shows search argument that was used along with results based on the search argument. I get results successfully when running it through a command prompt but no results when I run the same command through SRP_Run_Command. I'll try the "DOSOPEN" Don, thank you!