Welcome to the SRP Forum! Please refer to the SRP Forum FAQ post if you have any questions regarding how the forum works.

SRP Editor Setup

I was at a client this week that finally purchased the SRP Editor. it's been awhile since I set it up in my office.

A few questions:

1. Within the editor the Table Search displayed but didn’t return any results for anything I entered. After some playing around I noticed there was no OI Sort File setup and after I entered C:\AREVSORT, the Table Search worked as expected. Is this a necessary setting?

2. The App Manager sidebar still does not have the SRP buttons for the editor or table search. I checked and saw the oinsight.ini within the OI folder. I editted it and saw the proper settings were already included. I copied the oinsight.ini to the local C drive thinking it needed to be there but that didn’t work. It works on other workstations at their office. What additional settings need to be made to set up these SRP side bar buttons in the OI App Mgr.?

Thanks
Phil H.

Comments

• Phil,
    1. Within the editor the Table Search displayed but didn’t return any results for anything I entered. After some playing around I noticed there was no OI Sort File setup and after I entered C:\AREVSORT, the Table Search worked as expected. Is this a necessary setting?
    The SRP Table Search uses a latent select. I have never seen this problem before but I imagine that the lack of an OI Sort Path might cause event latent selects to fail.
    2. The App Manager sidebar still does not have the SRP buttons for the editor or table search. I checked and saw the oinsight.ini within the OI folder. I editted it and saw the proper settings were already included. I copied the oinsight.ini to the local C drive thinking it needed to be there but that didn’t work. It works on other workstations at their office. What additional settings need to be made to set up these SRP side bar buttons in the OI App Mgr.?
    What version of Windows is this? The OINSIGHT.INI file does need to be present on each workstation. Typically this is in the C:\WINDOWS folder. However, beginning with Windows Vista there are configurations that store files in a VirtualStore folder:

C:\Users\\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Windows

Let me know if this helps.