Welcome to the SRP Forum! Please refer to the SRP Forum FAQ post if you have any questions regarding how the forum works.

Issue on NEW server

We have client that had our app on their old server working fine.

They have mooved to a new server and one function in the app is not working as should.

I used Postman to see the actual json being returned.

On our test server we have the same data as the client (copied)

On our test server we get (truncated extract) - good:
"rows": [
"C236 (Loading dock 6 basement)\t\t",
"\t - LAN to Provide [1] CAT6A connection from ARM203 to Camera location\t",
"\t - LAN to install 40m of PVC conduit\t",
"\t - LAN to supply and patch [2] data patch leads\t",
"\t - LAN to install Honeywell provided camera\t",
"\t\t",
"\t\t\t",
"C607 (T1 Lower pier C Ramp)\t\t",
"\t - LAN to Provide [1] CAT6A connection from ARM203 Camera location\t",
"\t - LAN to install 35m of PVC conduit\t",
"\t - LAN to supply and patch [3] data patch leads\t\t",
"\t - LAN to install Honeywell provided camera\t",
"\t\t",
"\t\t\t\t",
"C1002 (T1 Arrivals Close to Oooosh)\t\t",
"\t - LAN to Provide [1] CAT6A connection from ARM005 to Camera location\t",
"\t - LAN to supply and patch [3] data patch leads\t\t\t",
"\t - LAN to install Honeywell provided camera",
"\t\t",
"\t\t",

On the client 'sserver we get (truncated extract)- bad:

"rows": "C236 (Loading dock 6 basement)\t\t�\t - LAN to Provide [1] CAT6A connection from ARM203 to Camera location\t�\t - LAN to install 40m of PVC conduit\t�\t - LAN to supply and patch [2] data patch leads\t�\t - LAN to install Honeywell provided camera\t�\t\t�\t\t\t�C607 (T1 Lower pier C Ramp)\t\t�\t - LAN to Provide [1] CAT6A connection from ARM203 Camera location\t�\t - LAN to install 35m of PVC conduit\t�\t - LAN to supply and patch [3] data patch leads\t\t�\t - LAN to install Honeywell provided camera\t�\t\t�\t\t\t\t�C1002 (T1 Arrivals Close to Oooosh)\t\t�\t - LAN to Provide [1] CAT6A connection from ARM005 to Camera location\t�\t - LAN to supply and patch [3] data patch leads\t\t\t�\t - LAN to install Honeywell provided camera�\t\t�\t\t�C

the <?> is showing in Notepad - non UTF* as �

The data used from the OI record is @tm seperated.

srp_utilities version installed is 2.2.5.2

What has been missed from the Clients's new server setup.

Comments

• This definitely looks like system delimiters are not getting converted. How are you building the JSON in the API?
  • >>This definitely looks like system delimiters are not getting converted

I know, but they are on our test server and my development PC, so it is not an app issue.

>>How are you building the JSON in the API?

srp_jsonX("rows",column.value,'string array')
  • Okay, you are using SRP JsonX. That's mostly all I needed to know. However, this syntax looks odd to me:
    srp_jsonX("rows",column.value,'string array')
    'string array' is not a valid value as far as I know.
  • Are you passing the entire @TM delimited string into column.value?
  • Entire string is passes with @t.

Just hold on a moment as I might have been given a furphy as the utilities version on the NEW server is 2.2.0.3, they must have3 looked at the OLD server.

I will get back to you when I can get the newer version installed as I am positive that will fix it.
  • srp_utilities version installed is now 2.2.5.2. Doubled checked with dll properties info.
    So, my issue still persists.
  • My best guess is that the RDK is still out of sync with the newer DLL. Did you install by manually loading the RDK or did you run our exe installer? If the latter, are you installing using a UNC path or drive path?
  • edited October 2022
    We copied all the .ov & .lk files from our working copy from the OI root folder to the server one. So we would have the latest of all code.
    The <?> hex value is c3 bb
    I would be expecting this to be hex FB if the @tm was not getting 'converted' to ", " (comma+space)

Looking at the record data in srp editor it is formating the 'display' as @tm delimited. So, at that point it is 'serving' the correct value.

BTW: Does the SRP_Utilities_Install.exe register anything.?
  • No, there is no registering going on. If everything is a literally a copy of a working system then I would expect everything to work exactly the same insofar as OI is concern.
  • edited October 2022
    Think I might revert to the old standby and request a server reboot.
    So, the hex code doesn't trigger any memories?
  • Issue is now resolved.
    IT person fiddled around. 2 copies of OI on the server.
    So, not really sure what fixed the issue , maybe eliminationg the second copy or a Reboot.
    Nor really sure what they did do.