Welcome to the SRP Forum! Please refer to the SRP Forum FAQ post if you have any questions regarding how the forum works.

Using LOGON VOC in AREV

Hi All,

I am new to this forum and have been struggling with AREV for the last couple of days.

Back story: old bookkeeping system runned on AREV. Employer wants to keep acces to this database for reference use. After our latest migration the new IT provider does not facilitate the AREV system on our workstations so we have made the decision to create a seperate (old) workstation with the sole purpose of running AREV when needed.

Problem:
Booting AREV worked and it is possible to acces the needed data, but when the software starts it logges in with the sysprog user and to acces the data we need to switch to the "CALC" Account.

Steps: Goto>Management>Log to>CALC>"Enter"

Now I learned that it should be possible to create a VOC record which states that these steps should be done automatically when logging on. But until now I was not succesful in realising this.

Anyone here who can help me on my way?

Kind regards,
Willem den Baars
(the Netherlands)

Comments

• Hi Willem - Welcome aboard.

It isn't a VOC record that does this for you. You can do this by updating your command prompt/shortcut like this:
    AREV.exe CALC

• It can be so simple, thank you very much this does it for me.