Welcome to the SRP Forum! Please refer to the SRP Forum FAQ post if you have any questions regarding how the forum works.

Deleteing procedures and the Repository DESTROY method

When you delete procedures or inserts, it appears that you are not calling the repository DESTROY method.

The standard OI Editor++ and application manager do use the DESTROY method.

Is there a particular reason why the SRP editor doesn't use DESTROY. Is it possible for to update the SRP Editor to use DESTROY?

Thanks
Dave G

Comments

• The SRP Editor supports the ability to open inherited stored procedures and save/compile them within their inherited application. The Repository method does not allow this, so we had to circumvent it in order to achieve this feature.

I suppose you are intercepting Repository calls using your own wrapper. One possibility is that the SRP Editor provide it's own hook that not only allows you to determine when entities are being opened, saved, compiled, or deleted, but also gives the developer the opportunity to prevent such things from happening.

Thoughts?
  • A hook works for me.

So would it be possible for me to change the contents of the proc/record/entity being edited via this hook. For example I want to update the build number in my source code every time I compile.

I guess the hook will give me:
    method - save,delete,compile etc
    tablename
    recordid
    entityid
    source

I can then update source.

if I return true then processing continues using the updated source and the update source is returned back to the editor, else processing terminates and the save,compile,delete etc does not happen.

Doable?
  • Anything is doable. My concern is that you are able to do what you need. Is this for a check in/check out type system? Even if I allow you to change the content, I'm concerned that my use of temporary repository entities might still cause you headaches.
  • The initial problem with the Destroy method is in relation to a Git integration tool I am developing. So just to trap the delete would be enough for that.

The second point of updating the source with the build number is a "would be nice" feature rather than a must have.
  • any progress on this one?

As an alternative, is there a way for me to send a command to the editor to tell it to perform the delete of an open procedure/insert. I can add my own delete logic to a custom button.
  • David,

Regretfully no. We have been busy trying to resolve some problems with the SRPEditor.ocx as you may have read about. This is still an ongoing issue for us although we do appear to be making progress.

I do not believe we have the delete operation of the SRP Editor exposed as a callable service. However, would just sending a CLICK event to the delete button on the MDI Frame suffice? (BTW, I have not tested this idea.)