Welcome to the SRP Forum! Please refer to the SRP Forum FAQ post if you have any questions regarding how the forum works.

OnEngineResponse and SRP Engine Issues

Having a couple issues with the OnEngineResponse. I'm able to send engine requests and did confirm that it ran a procedure of mine successfully however I'm not getting any responses back once it finished. I've qualified the OnEngineResponse event and placed a debug in there yet nothing comes back (Tested this successfully by using a Send_Event to the OnEngineResponse so the debug did work). The only event that got returned was OnMessage with a message that says "M????".

I also noticed that it crashes/fails to run a procedure when it encounters an XLATE that retrieves a value from any calculated/symbolic field.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• Also, according to the Wiki: "Note that OpenInsight does not like it when event parameters contain @RM and @FM delimiters, so try to limit your requests to routines that avoid returning these delimiters." How do I go about returning a message that isn't @FM or @RM delimited? I now just realized that OnMessage is returning the first character of the message only.
  • I'm talking with Don about your first question. I'll get back to you.

Regarding the second question, this is an unfortunate limitation of control events. If you have control over the server code, you need to update it to return something without @RMs and @FMs. One option is to BASE64 encode the whole thing and the decode it on the other end. If you don't have control over that code, then sadly, you just can't call it and get all the results back. There's nothing I can do. It's an OI limitation.