Welcome to the SRP Forum! Please refer to the SRP Forum FAQ post if you have any questions regarding how the forum works.

Update to Editor 2.5.6 OCX Evals

Just today I updated to the newest SRP Editor from version 2.5 Now when I look at my Help > About and look at the version information it says that all of my controls of in Evaluation Version. Is this a bug or is something wrong with my license?

Comments

• When you ran the installer, it installed the 3.0 versions of our controls, for which you are not currently licensed. You need manually unregister SRPControls.ocx in your OI folder and re-register all your original SRP ocx files. Are you familiar with registering ocx files?
  • I am, does this only apply to the Controls ocx file then, since I am licensed for 3.0 versions of many of the controls?
  • Bryan,

When you are looking at the Version Information dialog, does it say "OLE INFORMATION" with the SRP logo in the upper left corner or "SRP ActiveX Controls" with the SRP logo centered at the top?
  • It says SRP ActiveX Controls.
  • Bryan,

Okay, then the problem is definitely related to Kevin's response. The when the SRP Editor is installed there is an option to install the SRPControls.ocx. By doing this it will be registered an un-register your existing controls. The installer does not know if a particular customer already has SRP controls or not so we leave this option open.

While you are licensed for v3.x of your controls, these are the separate controls rather than the Pro (SRPControls.ocx), which are technically different products. Thus you are seeing the evaluation message.

So, you should proceed as Kevin suggested and register your other controls.
  • Looks to have cleared it up, Thanks.