Welcome to the SRP Forum! Please refer to the SRP Forum FAQ post if you have any questions regarding how the forum works.

Invalid Application

I'm running into a curious issue installing the newest version of the Editor. When I install it on my local development copy of OpenInsight everything works fine, however when I try and install it immediately after in my production system I get an Invalid Application error.

Any thoughts?

Comments

• Are you using the Installer? If so, try unchecking the SRP Utilities component. There is a bug where that error would occur if both the SRP Editor and SRP Utilities were installed. I think installing one at a time is fine, though. If you still have problems, let me know and I can just send you an RDK.
  • Hi Bryan,

I saw that you posted this in the SRP Editor Control forum as well. I have removed that post since this issue is more appropriate in here.

I appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We have been dealing with a similar issue and this has been an ongoing discussion in this thread. However, we are still not yet certain why this is happening with the SRP Mail Utility installer. We *do* know why it is happening with the SRP Editor installer.

Well, the nature of the problem is that the installer and an instance of OENGINE.exe are still running in the Task Manager. This happens if you do not check the "SRP Utilities RDK" option with the SRP Editor install. I believe this will be fixed in the next version of our SRP Editor (2.6.1, still in beta).

To work around the problem, open up the Task manager and kill those processes. Then run the installer again. Of course, you will have to kill those processes one more time.