Welcome to the SRP Forum! Please refer to the SRP Forum FAQ post if you have any questions regarding how the forum works.

RDK & [EXECUTE PROCEDURES]

I'm using [EXECUTE PROCEDURES] to run a routine during an install but was wondering if there was a syntax for the %PROCESS% record to allow the passing of a parameter.

I'm wanting to run a routine both before and after, so in [EXECUTE PROCEDURES] and [EXECUTE PROCEDURES POST,] but was hoping to use the same routine and just a pass a param to differentiate between before and after.
I'm hoping it's just the syntax that escapes me and not the functionality.

Comments

• Just looking at the default source for RDKmoduleInstall suggests that parameters aren't supported
    case Section = EXECPROC$ * structure of line is procname call @Line case Section = EXECPROCPOST$ proglines:= line:@fm
    I suppose you could write your own variant of RDKmoduleInstall and copy the compiled code to %RUN% in SYSUPGRADE..
  • That's what my memory said but I don't have a copy of rdkmoduleinstall source to confirm or to modify.
    Don't really want to modify it anyway.

What I did do, was create a separate function of the same name as my original with "_POST" concatenated and it's sole function is to call the one I want with the post parameter. That works for me whilst still keeping all the logic in the one place.