Welcome to the SRP Forum! Please refer to the SRP Forum FAQ post if you have any questions regarding how the forum works.

SRP EDitor

edited January 24 in SRP Editor Control
Is anyone else getting SRP_EDITOR_TEMP entries in deploys when adding via "Entities changed since"?
Normally it is a procedure entry proper but I have seen it as procedure debug entries and procedure executables, as well as today an Insert.

For the last several months that has popped up a few times.

I am assuming when one my other devs closes their session these temp procedures get cleaned up, leaving an orphan pointer in the repository definition. I then have to manually remove them before creating the deploy.

Comments

• Those only get created when you are working on inherited routines. They should go away normally upon a healthy closing of each routine.
  • I always close the editor before creating a "Changed since." view when editing inherited routines.
  • Thanks for that gents.

So does that temp file get created on file open or on changes made for an inherited routine?

I do have a couple of inherited routines open but unchanged. Maybe that is enough if I (or someone else) adds to the deploy at that stage....

• I'm pretty sure upon opening the routine, but I am not looking at the source to confirm. Kevin might chime in about this tomorrow when he sees this thread.
  • Thanks Don.

Thats the behavior I am seeing so I will go with that unless someone tells me otherwise.
  • The temporary entities are created upon opening and cleared out upon closing.
  • Case closed.

That makes me the culprit then for leaving them open when not actively looking at them during the day.