Welcome to the SRP Forum! Please refer to the SRP Forum FAQ post if you have any questions regarding how the forum works.

Open Record dialog box chokes on International characters

If I type into the command line: EDIT SPANISH_VERBS REÍR
everything opens up just fine.

However, if I try to [Ctrl+R] and open the record that way, it chokes:

Comments

• Somehow the record is showing up as REÃR instead of REÍR. I cannot seem to recreate that. If I add REÍR in any editor, I see REÍR in all editors (including SRP Editor) and can open it. I never see REÃR.

EDIT: Looking at your screenshot, I see REI-R further down the list. It seems that the SRP Editor is somehow running in ASCII mode instead of UTF-8 mode.
  • The record below I created manually to try to circumvent the problem. I was changing all accented characters to the letter followed by a hyphen (or an N~ instead of a Ñ). It displays properly in the RevSoft System Editor, but their trash can icon has never done a damn thing, so I could not delete the records easily with it.

If I edit it from the command line, it pulls up just fine and the records display properly.

I find nothing in the SRP Options to set it to UTF-8 mode. The OI App is set for UTF--8.
  • When I mentioned ASCII mode, I didn't mean to imply that the SRP Editor has it's own UTF-8 mode. I was just commenting that it looked like it was behaving in ASCII mode do to the "REI-R" text, but now it seems you did that on purpose.

So, when REÃR fails, is it because it is actually "REA~R"?