Welcome to the SRP Forum! Please refer to the SRP Forum FAQ post if you have any questions regarding how the forum works.

Changing ssp name recompile check

When recompiled - Can you change to provide a continue warning when the ssp name has been changed (i.e. different from the name of the ssp just read (as in RTI) )

Comments

• Barry,

Just so I understand, you have stored procedure named FOO1 which already exists in the repository. You change the header of this SSP to FOO2 and attempt to compile. In this situation you would like a warning? Should it just be a Yes/No continue message, or how about a Save As dialog?
  • how about a Save As dialog
    That's better, as it would be what you would need to do anyway.

Thanks
  • Don,

I like this suggestion. Over the years I have shot myself in the foot when opening one SSP and planning on saving it under a different name after changes. Failure to do so results in an Ohhhh "heck" response.
  • Guilty as charged. :-)
  • What is happening about this.

The problem is also you do a save-as, new name, changes then compile. It overwrites the original compiled object.
    You need a warning when compiling, where the saved name and the header name are different, to continue or not [default is not]
  • Rest assured it is in our queue. We just had a major release of SRP Editor (yesterday) where we completely replaced it's dependency upon SRPControls.ocx and placed it upon a new OCX called SRPUtil.ocx. This will ensure that developers no longer clobber their preferred version of SRP ActiveX Controls. This, of course, required us to get current on our SRP ActiveX Controls updates as well. With that out of the way, I can finally get to my backlog of SRP Editor enhancements.

So, download SRP Editor 2.6.1 if you haven't already. It has a lot of enhancements that I think you'll enjoy while I work on this issue and few others for the next release. You can see what's new here.
  • fyi: The upgrade works as expected here, good job.