Welcome to the SRP Forum! Please refer to the SRP Forum FAQ post if you have any questions regarding how the forum works.

Opening an OI window as a child of the SRP editor

I can open any OI window as a child of the SRP editor using START_MDICHILD. This does not create the tab for the window under the button bar like opening a proc, record, insert etc does.

So is it possible to create a tab for the OI window and also save this window in my favorites?

Comments

• David,

LOL. No, we did not create an API for just any child window to open. However, your idea appeals to my sense of having a single IDE where all development components can be accessed. I am not sure if that is what you were going for, but it has been a discussion among our team for a number of years. However, we never considered the SRP Editor itself to be the primary IDE UI. We thought about creating a whole new IDE, but it would support the SRP Editor.
  • I spend 90% of my time in the SRP Editor. I'm using the quick commands and context menus to access most other OI tools and home grown tools. Today I was thinking that it would be nice if some of our home grown tools opened as child windows, and we could have the 'auto open" as favourites.

One issue I have is when opening OI windows from the quick commands, focus always returns back to the TCL line in the SRP editor. That means I have to click on the window again before I can start typing. It would be nice if focus stayed on the window I just opened. I open the windows using the REPOS EXECUTE method and set the SRP EDITOR as the owner window. If the SRP_EDITOR is not the owner, then the window disappears behind the editor after it opens.

The windows are opened via a context menu displayed when I click on one of the quick command buttons. I've tried all sorts of POST_EVENT, SEND_EVENT etc etc to get around this but nothing seams to work.

And while we are on the wish list, it would be nice to assign your own shortcut keys to do stuff. EG, I highlight some code the press ALT_CTRL_A and it runs some code of mine that lets me do something.
  • ... more on the custom shortcut keys.

since accelerator keys work off menu items, it would be nice to have a "Custom" menu option after the "Tools" menu option where you can have say 10 customizable menu options, just like the quick commands.

Each menu option could be assigned alt-1 thru alt-10