Welcome to the SRP Forum! Please refer to the SRP Forum FAQ post if you have any questions regarding how the forum works.

Hangs when this missing variable

@record=InvoicesPaymentAllocationsCashbookCodes

the variable 'Banking$InvoicesPaymentAllocationsCashbookCodes' is missing and when compiled the editor hangs.

Comments

• I'm not sure I understand what you mean by that variable missing. I added your line of code to an empty test routine and it compiled fine. Perhaps there's more at play here.
  • the variable Banking$InvoicesPaymentAllocationsCashbookCodes does not have a value set, I assumed the hang was in determining the VNAV.

I wouldn't know where to look, so I will leave it for now as it compiles.

Thanks
  • I see what you mean. I definitely got a VNAV on it, but as I said, I only compiled that one line. Perhaps it gets tripped up if there's a lot of nested blocks or something. If you come up with a definite pattern, let me know.
  • I have source code that causes problem that you can see - I commented out all the inserts - and the compile hangs.
    I am emailing the text file to Don to be passed on to you.

btw, it does happen with others as well. I have version 2.6.1
  • This hangs, because of the
    subroutine test_vnav(Void) X= X<Pos>="xxxxx" return
  • I am not getting these hangs at all using any of the code you've sent to us. I tried multiple version of SRP Editor, including 2.6.1, and multiple version of OI ranging from 8.0.8 to 9.4. Note that VNAV checking is actually performed using BLINT, which is an OI routine for VNAV checking. Perhaps yours got corrupted? Perhaps SRP Editor got corrupted? My only other suggestion is to try a pre-release build of SRP Editor 2.6.2, which you can download at the following link:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/w22qgl22lchxmsg/SRP_Editor_Install_262_RC2.exe
  • Thanks. All I needed was confirmation that it was not happening at your end.
    I will try your suggestions.
  • OI editor++ works, so I assume BLINT is ok.
  • OK, SRP Editor 2.6.2 worked, the other still doesnt.
    So what is different? ...you dont use BLINT?
  • I made changes to the compiler logic, but nothing obviously related to BLINT. I guess whatever I did helped.
  • Just to let you know that the VNAV detection appears to be much better in vers 2.6.2 RC2