Welcome to the SRP Forum! Please refer to the SRP Forum FAQ post if you have any questions regarding how the forum works.

domain validation error

Using editor 2.6.2
create a new source
do original F9 to save record away - prompts for the name as correctly specific on line 1

am getting "domain validation error". The record "" contain illegal character - or - the data does not pass validation patterns specified in the dictionary.

edit this record
open the record
F9 - and no error

this has happened a few times, and i am now accepting that it's not me....
and, this does not happen every new record that I save -

on an occassion where this first occured, before i exited the editor for the record - I cut/paste
then went into OI editor - record was not saved
pased code - saved - no errors

Comments

• Martin,

You mentioned that this does not occur on every record, but does it occur on the same record every time? If so, can you send me the content via email (in a text file) so I can attempt to replicate? Also, if it can be reliably reproduced, what happens if you try to create the record in one of the other editors?

Domain Validation Errors are produced within the semantic logic layer of OI. I have only seen them when problematic MFS routines are being used. I have never seen this occur within the SRP Editor nor does the SRP Editor employ MFS routines.
  • it does not occur every time i save a new source file
    however, it is not on only the 1 file - as it's never a save (from not being in sysprocs)

so i cannot forward sample code, as it's always good 2nd time around

i can barely spell MFS let alone use it on a table, so it's not a change in environment either
    and, i've had 2.6.2 on a while before i ever experienced the 1st instance of this error

I will keep an eye on patterns in order to see if this can be re-created