Welcome to the SRP Forum! Please refer to the SRP Forum FAQ post if you have any questions regarding how the forum works.

srp editor and multiple windows

have laptop and 2nd monitor
open OI on 1st monitor - move session to second monitor
open srp editor
do stuff
close srp editor

tomorrow, go to x, no 2nd monitor
open same session as above - srp editor opens itself up in the ether

i cannot get the session to 1st monitor

am going to nuke the whole 'registry entry relating to that session' to get self out of fire

perhaps you should check how many monitors are available prior to opening session

Comments

• regedit does nothing
    so i've deleted the registry\srp\drive_id_of_the_respository_on_2nd_screen

and it does nothing

will reboot machine
  • Martin,

That is easier said than done without diving into the Windows API. OI 10 will give us tools to work this in rather nicely. Your suggestion is valid. I too don't like it when apps open up where they can't be seen any more.

However, if you are using Windows 8 (and this should also work for Windows 7), if the form has focus then you can use the Windows+arrow keys to move the app onto different monitors as well as snap to left, right, maximize, or minimize. That should help you avoid the nuking of the registry.
  • ok, windows 8 + ...

cheers Don

click on the taskbar icon for editor
    select move from its context options
    madly click 'ctrl <---' for a few seconds
    and editor screen comes into view onto laptop monitor
  • Martin,

You used the "Ctrl" key? That doesn't make sense to me.
  • ctrl left arrow

"ctrl <--" Control Left Arrow

when you click on the 3rd icon (in my case) in the task bar representing the SRP editor
    one of the options that you have is 'move'

i press 'Ctrl key' and the move icon (arrows in 4 directions)
    then press the left arrow key a couple of times (whilst keeping the control key down), until the SRP window comes into view