Welcome to the SRP Forum! Please refer to the SRP Forum FAQ post if you have any questions regarding how the forum works.

Tree rebuild causes crash on Windows 7

I have a tree in two separate applications which cause an OI crash.
This only occurs on Windows 7, it is OK on Vista
It fails on the ItemList command
Call Set_Property(Functions_Tree,"OLE.ItemList",Function_Items)On the form load it is OK, the tree is created.
The trigger seems to be when the colour of the tree items are changed.
I change them to grey when I select some (putting the item in a table also on the form)
When the tree is rebuilt, then it crashes.

I have tried RemoveItems, but this also causes the problem.
Thoughts?
I have changed to exclude the colour changes for now.

Colin Rule

Comments

• Colin,

I don't understand what you mean by "when the colour of the tree items are changed". What is causing the colour to change?

Thanks.
  • When an Add button is clicked, the relevant tree item is added to my table to the right of the tree control.
    The item in the tree is they set to Grey so that the item implies it is already used.
    Then a subsequent build of the tree, which reinstates the colours to default black causes the crash.
    • Item=Get_Property(Functions_Tree,"OLE.Item[":ItemId:"]")
    • Item<5,1>=Grey$
    • Call Set_Property(Functions_Tree,"OLE.Item[":ItemId:"]", Item)
  • Colin,

Okay, just to get a full sense of what is happening:
    • Items are added to the Tree control
    • You have a button that updates an EditTable with the information in the Tree control
    • The Tree control item is changed to Grey
    • Items are later removed from the Tree control and this crashes OI

However, if you skip the third step (i.e., changing the color to Grey) all works fine. Is this accurate?
  • Don, close but not quite:

- Items are added to the tree control, the complete structure
    - A button update the table (but not really relevant, just the reasoning behing the function
    - A tree control item is changed to grey.
    - The tree is rebuilt, ie the complete structure is re-added to replace the existing, this crashes OI

Items are not individually removed from the tree. although I did try a Remove all before adding the complete structure again.
    As mentioned only happens on W7.

Colin
  • Colin,

Okay, I see that I became overly focused on your attempt to remove the items before rebuilding the tree structure. I think I have a window that already does exactly that but I have not tested it in a while. I'll get back to you shortly with my findings.
  • Colin,

Well, it didn't take me long to replicate :-), which leads me to believe this is a 3.x control issue. Remind me, are you using the Pro control or the separated controls? In my case I didn't even have to change colors of the tree items. Clicking on the Refresh button (see screenshot below) calls the ItemList property and causes OI to crash.

We will have to debug the underlying Tree control but I won't have access to my developer until Tuesday due to our Labor Day holiday tomorrow.

Thank you for submitting this. I will post updates when I can.
  • Don

Good it is possible to replicate.
    I am using the separate controls as far as I know.

Colin
  • Hi SRP

Any news on a resolution to this topic?

Colin
  • Colin,

I believe this is fixed as well as several other issues that have recently come up among several controls. I regret the delay in getting this out but when we work on one issue it creates a perfect opportunity to resolve other issues or introduce new features. As such this causes an additional delay in delivering older fixes.

I am expecting to get this released within the next one or two weeks. Thank you for your patience.
  • Thanks Don
    That will be fine.
    I will test once we have the new version and advise, and close-out this thread.

Colin
  • SRP Tree Control 2.0.3 and SRP Controls Pro 3.0.6 are now available for download. The update fixes the crashing issue you have been experiencing. Please accept our sincerest apologies for the delay in getting this released and let us know if the problem persists.