Welcome to the SRP Forum! Please refer to the SRP Forum FAQ post if you have any questions regarding how the forum works.

Multi-line items

Just wondering...
Is it possible to have a line showing multiple lines in a tree.
For example, with a CR:LF character in the text, or even multiple items.

My aim is to have multiple sub-branches available from any given root item.
This will reduce the size of my tree by about 80%.
Currently I have around 100 branches of say 5000 rows.
I use one tree of the 100 branches, to select and then display the second tree.

Duplication of the branches is the reason it is so large.

Thanks

Colin

Comments

• Colin,

I really should wait to consult with my SRP Tree engineer on this but I wonder if the HtmlEnabled property will help. The HTML that is supported is a limited subset but you might try using <br/> and see what it does.
  • Colin,

Well, the above suggestion might work, but it is untested on our end. However, there is an alternative that might be suitable. Check out the WordWrap property. There are two caveats:
    1. There is no explicit support for embedded line breaks. They might work (untested on our end) but no guarantees.
    2. The height of the tree item will not autosize. You will need to change the ItemHeight property on your own.
  • The HTML emabled property caused OI to crash when the tree was being populated.
    It might be that the tree item had some peculiar text which is not dealt with by the HTML, but possibly that the 28k lines is too much for it to handle.

In any case I probably wont be using this for.

Colin
  • I tried the Word Wrap property (with item height) and the CHAR(13):CHAR(10), and this correctly deals with the line feeds to create multiple line text.

This still however wont resolve my requirement, as I need to be able to have the item and check box on each specific line and be selectable.

I will revert to the separate items as I had before, and try to deal with the issue by creating smaller trees.

Thanks

Colin
  • Colin,

Maybe I missed something in your original post. Is your requirement to have a checkbox associated with each line within a multiline item?
  • Don,

The format of the tree I would need to have for this facility is highly complex.
    I will send an example PDF by Email.

Actually it is more like multiple items at each level, associated with its children.

I dont expect it will be able to handle it, and I have just raised in case there is some magic thing I am not aware of.

Colin