Welcome to the SRP Forum! Please refer to the SRP Forum FAQ post if you have any questions regarding how the forum works.

Has the pro control been updated/uploaded yet?

Just wondering because I downloaded and it doesn't seem to be.
Could be my tired head too

Comments

• Mark,

While the officially released version of the Pro control does include a version of the Ribbon control, the version you want is the one that was included in the blog article. The Pro control will be updated when the Ribbon control is no longer in BETA test mode.
  • Gotcha. Thanks
  • So I think I've downloaded the correct pro control now but????

and still no ribbon?

• Mark,

Strange. I just downloaded and registered the same control and it works for me. Can you confirm you did not inadvertently add a space to the ProgID? Do other controls appear properly when you type in their ProgID?
  • Did you re-register the OCX that you downloaded?

Also, I see in your screenshot that you are positioning the ribbon control under your menu. This exposes a serious omission in our documentation (which I will shortly correct). You do not position the ribbon yourself. In fact, you just place the control anywhere on the form (preferably off to the side somewhere) and the ribbon is automatically merged into your form. Note also that your old menu will disappear because the ribbon takes over the rendering of the form.
  • :-) You see I was waiting for someone to point out the bleeding obvious to me.

No I didn't initially think to re-register it at least not until I read your comment re downloading and registering the same control. Doh!

And thank you for the second comment as well. That now adds the necessary clarification for me re my other 'mdi' post.